One of the things that has slowed down my weaving progress this week was the need to complete and send out a portfolio displaying the Color Horoscope Weaving. I procrastinated on it a couple of months, and finally had to just do it. First I had to locate and order archival quality black sleeve inserts and archival plastic sleeves from Light Impressions.
I poured through my thousands of digital images and selected 60 or so and printed them out myself with my Cannon Pixma MP500. It’s been working really well for me this past year, and the learning curve isn’t very steep at all. I just checked the Cannon website, and it seems a year old printer is less than half the price is was! (although the ink is still just as expensive)
I know it is possible and probably better in every way to do the whole layout on photoshop, but I certainly have no idea how to do that. I haven’t gotten beyond “cut and paste” (cut with scissors and paste with a dry adhesive by Bainbridge). When I finished, I had 23 pages and scanned them all.
These are just a few of the pages that appealed to me this evening. Since they are scanned, they are not as sharp and clear as the originals. Having the scanned copies will make it easier to duplicate by hand or have them printed in the future. The background paper really is black, not the strange dark reddish color.
The good news is I shipped it off on Friday. Funny how that nagging backache that had bothered me these past couple months just seemed to disappear as I walked home from the UPS shipping station. Now I just have to wait and see what sprouts from these digital seeds.